Monday, July 5, 2010

Blog, Blog, Blog

I have to admit, I have never done (written? completed?) a blog before. I have thought about it, but I am not the type to sit in front of the computer for an extended period of time, and it seems that blogging requires me to do just that. But, since being given this assignment, I have read through some other blogs and I have found that this could be the answer to some of the the questions rambling around in my head.

At work, which is a middle school in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I listen to other teachers vent, well mostly complain, about the school, the administration, the district, the government, the students, other teachers, and I become so annoyed. Besides not being a blogger, I am also not one to become involved in conversations that seem to be nothing but negative. I get tired of hearing the same people complaining about the same things, over and over and over. If there is a problem, it seems to me that rather than complain, you should try to find a solution. What kills me is the complaining about issues that we as teachers in a classroom have no control over. Seriously, if teachers could just focus on the students in our classes and not have to worry about, or deal, with everything else, the majority of us might be happier!

So, back to my point. Now that I have looked over some blogs from teachers around the country, it seems that there are many of us who have similar issues and concerns, and these blogs are our venting outlet. A place where we can write down our thoughts, which in turn may elicit some comments that can help us all figure out what it is that is missing, or is overlooked, in education that will help our students succeed.

So, other than this being an assignment, I hope to use it as a resource to help me actually process my thoughts and opinions, so that I can be a better teacher. Cheesy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment